Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1PM - Let's Talk A Little About Music.

     The '12 Hours of DJ Hero' experiment continues and I swear I'll try and think of a better name for it. For now lets look at the awesome tracks we've got to muck around with. 

My fav tracks thus far to play. 

1. "The Big Beat" by Billy Squire & "Lapdance" by N.E.R.D.


     The first track I played with the guitar option I didn't even know about! Such a cool feature for all you string jockeys who trained for countless hours on Guitar Hero and aren't ready to throw in the towel yet. Very slick shit, yo. This one's a winner. 






2. "Boom" & "Tap" both by Grandmaster Flash. 
     Arguably the father of all hip-hop DJ-ing, mixing and scratching his contribution doesn't disappoint.  This track is a real endurance race but well worth it! I mean my god that dude can blend. Truly one of the gems of the game, (until the Playstation network starts selling MY tracks online. Fascists.) 




3. "Disco Inferno" by 50 Cent & "Let's Dance' by Bowie
     An unlikely duo of a young hot shot and a tried and true favorite, much like Lethal Weapon. And just like Lethal Weapon this track is exciting, unexpected and so much fun to play. (You can play Lethal Weapon, sure. In a DVD player. I've got a very smug look on my face right now.) 

WARNING: These tracks will also make you want to dance hard, drink a lot, and have messy sex with the first woman you see. If you attempt any of these the tunes will most likely stop as you will have stopped playing. So try and get a spotter to play for you while you drink, dance and fawn over ladies. 


WARNING: Make sure the person who's spotting you isn't someone you will want to have sex with, as the music will stop when you start to do it. 

     I feel like I've only scratched the surface of the musical mash-up juggernauts that are still locked away in this game but so help me, I'm going to play them all. I'm going to play them all or die trying. Laughing and trying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment